Dr. Wilner provides SUPERVISION FOR LICENSED AND CERTIFIED PRACTITIONERS in somatic and verbal therapies.
Some of the questions and concerns that have been addressed in supervision include:
- How do you work with a depressed and anxious client who is on medication?
- How do you work with victims of childhood sexual abuse and those who present with sexual addictions?
- How do you deal with clients who do not return to therapy after a few sessions?
- Is positive transference from the therapist to a client ever counter-productive?
- Can you do more than one process with a client, for instance, massage and therapy, if you are licensed for both?
- Under what conditions do you use somatic therapy and with which clients is it most helpful?
- What should happen during the first therapy session?
- How do you deal with a highly qualified client, someone who has more degrees than you do?
- How do you set rates for your sessions?
- In what way do you control the session; in what way does the client control the session?
- What physical techniques do you use with each character structure?
- How do you work with a client who refuses to do body therapy?
- How do you do deal with physical attraction you may have toward a client?
- How can you recognize countertransference when it occurs with clients?
- How can you help people with anger, when it hard to approach your own?
Sessions are sixty minutes in length, meeting in Middletown, RI or by phone. To make an appointment, contact Karyne at 401-316-7041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.